Friday, January 9, 2009

Brrr.

So you have to go pick up your kids from their various schools, and you have to bring your toddler with you. The high in the last 3 weeks has been minus five, and has averaged about minus 20. Currently the temp is 16 below zero. Your toddler insists on wearing a skirt but even a pair of tights will not protect her from the frigid air. What do you do?

Be a true Alaskan and talk her into wearing her fleece PJ's underneath, of course! Doesn't she look smashing with monkey print jammies? Whatever works. I even got shoes on her.

P.S. We MIGHT get to zero today. Heat wave! At least I don't live in Palmer, which has been minus 45 at night, or worse, Fairbanks at 60 below for the past 3 weeks. Yikes!

3 comments:

McCallisters said...

Brrrr! We've been cold, too. It's been in the 50s and 60s during the day. You guys would be in your bathing suits.

Hey, I think fleece monkey pajamas under a skirt is the "look." Anyway, all the teenagers are wearing leggings under their skirts/dresses.

McCallisters said...

I accidentally left Elliotte off of my list of girl cousins on accident. How could I?! She is so cute! I corrected the post, so now she is officially in the count.

Linsie said...

I wasn't offended. Actually, I didn't even notice! What a great mom I turned out to be! Oh, well. She has a boy name, so it probably evens out anyway!