Wednesday, July 30, 2008

As Promised...

Pictures of my helmet after being run over by a car. (Again, if you are just tuning in, scroll down to the first "and then I got run over by a car" post to start at the beginning.) Yes, my head was in the helmet. No, I don't have brain damage. The only damage to my head was a couple of minor contusions and a chunk of ripped out hair.

The helmet already had all the tape on it. It is designed that way to hold it all together so that if it is crushed, the foam will stay in place and not just split into pieces. It's a good design.

The first three pictures show how the helmet cracked just like a hard boiled egg. That would have been my skull. If you click on them, you can really see the detail and how significant the cracks are.

The last picture was taken by my sister, Jane, who came up to take care of the kiddos while I was hospitalized. It puts the punctuation mark on exactly why you should strap on your helmet every single time you get on that bike.

A lot of credit has been given to my helmet for saving my life. It's true. It did save my life. But that's not the only reason I am here today, the best looking car vs. bike patient my ER doc has ever seen. There were angels with me that night, and without them I would have been a goner. So in your prayers, thank Heavenly Father for sending angels to protect me and allow me to return home to my DH and 5 small children. (and my dog. I love you, Olive!)







I strapped on my helmet before heading out on my bike and then I got run over by a car.

2 comments:

McCallisters said...

I saw the helmet in person and it is squished like pita.

I'm glad your head isn't shaped like a pita, Linsie. Also glad I could see you last week. Get all the way better soon. Love you!

Becca said...

wow. no words can express how this makes me feel. I truly believe, as you do, that your time here is not over...thankfully! My prayers are with you for a quick recovery so you can be a mom again.