Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy, Happy, Birthday, Halibut!


October 30 was Elle Halibut's birthday. (I know, I'm behind!) It was fun. I made her this cake, using modeling chocolate instead of fondant because fondant is GRODY! (Is that how you spell it?) This cake was delicious. It was a pomegranate/white chocolate layer cake with berry filling. (It's all about the cake...) I made the same flavor/colors for Lily's friend Mia's b-day cake the week before. It was a swimming party and I made a large, very tall (for me) whale cake. It was cute, but we were in a rush so I didn't get a picture. Oh, well.

Danitra, Robert, Easton, and Cadance came, but I didn't get their picture. Oops. Man, I'm striking out in the picture department lately! We had a nice meal; Dale made Grandpa Hansen's famous roast beef and Grandma Hansen's even more famous rolls (without sitting on them...phew!) in my soon-to-be worn out brand-new Bosch mixer. (I love all the things listed in this paragraph. Especially Danitra, as she doubles as my housekeeper. Yay for Danitra!)

The present she's about to "open" is an adorable crocodile xylophone, exactly like the one that Sarah and Rebecca had ages ago in Aggie Village. She was banging on the paper and playing the keys through the paper. She loved it! Then we made her open it, and was she mad! Now she loves, it though, so all's well that ends well, right?


The obligatory messy one-year old cake face. It would have been a cuter/messier picture except...



Lily just had to help her eat it neatly! Way to ruin the moment, Lily. Oh, I mean, way to be a big helper! (Is that a more appropriate mom statement?)

Anyway, Happy birthday, girl. To the land of no bottles, talking, and walking for you! Your baby days are OVER! How depressing. For me, not her. sigh.

1 comment:

Los Hansen said...

That cake is amazing! And Elle is so tiny and cute....Way to go miss creative one!

yo momma