Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Speaking Of Jack O'Lanterns...

Meet Logan Lantern!


I really meant to post this about a month ago...on Halloween to be exact. Cute, though. He lost one of those teeth about a week before Halloween. The other one is about a month prior. The one on the top is just a gigantic gap that he has been blessed to inherit from me. Cute boy.

Speaking of lanterns, (I had to segway somehow, didn't I?) the family went to the annual Winterberry Lantern Walk with Rebecca's school last Friday. I have no pictures because I didn't take my camera. Besides, it was dark. We all met at Goose Lake, where all the school children got their lanterns they made in school (They even use real fire. Cool.) and walked around lantern-lit trails singing songs like, "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine!" In Rebecca's words there are, "seriously a million verses to that song." I sang her the one about "Jesus is my light, so I'm going to let it shine," but she said they didn't learn one. I knew this, of course, I just had to prove that I know more than she does. (I know, I'm an awesome mom!) Anway, the walk was COLD. it was 6 degrees in town, and probably about 60 below at the lake. They had a big bonfire and sang more songs. Yes, there was hand holding and dancing involved. It's Winterberry, what do you expect? Then we ate some cookies, had some HOT apple cider and went home. Very cool.

No comments: