Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday, Lily Dear!



Sunday was Lily's birthday. She's FOUR!!! Can you believe it? I can't. Can you believe how cute she is? I can. Our kids are the cutest EVER.

Anyway, I always go overboard with parties. Lily's fourth was no exception. I made the cake using a cool pan my dad gave me--it is a Betty Crocker Bake 'n Fill, and it lets you fill your cake with different fillings: Ice cream, fruit and whipped cream, or in the case of the turtle, gooey green turtle guts made of pudding. (Maybe I should've made an armadillo...) We didn't get a picture of the middle because we gobbled the cake too fast! You'll have to use your imagination and remember I have the world's largest supply of green food coloring and I'm not afraid to mix it. Here are a couple of outside views of the cake: (Cute, huh?)











If you ever want to throw a party, I recommend doing so for a girl like Lily. She is so enthusiastic about EVERYTHING! I could have wrapped up a paper-towel roll and she would have shrieked with delight when she opened it. We got her "real" presents, though. The first was a DVD. Rebecca handed it to her and she said, in a nonchalant voice, "What kind of movie did you get for me?" It was hilarious. She was, predictably, thrilled with what it was, (even though she's never seen or heard of it...)
"HUUHhiheeeaawhh" I love this DVD!"

Other hits included an "America shirt!" I picked up at Wal-Mart for $2.88, (bargain shopping! Although Dale was annoyed because there was no AK or HI on it...) a cute "Princess GAME?!?", and a "WHINOCERWOUS WEBKINZ?!?" that Rebecca picked out for her. It's a rhino, it's retired, and it's really cute. I suggested the name, "Plasty", and she thought that was great, too! (take 10 points if you laughed. Minus 5 if you rolled your eyes.)


The other kids got 3' gummy snakes. Carb-a-licious!
(t0 the tune of 160 grams/snake!)

"You knew what I was when you picked me up."

Happy, Happy Birthday, Children, dear! Happy days will come to you all year! If I had a wish, then it would be...a Happy, Happy birthday to you from me!

(She love's the "Children" b-day song. It's a good thing I led the music in Primary yesterday--she would have had a meltdown if they would've had the audacity to sing, "You've had a birthday, shout HURRAY! She wouldn't even let us sing, "Happy Birthday" to her. We did our parade to a primary song. It works!)
'till next time, party fans, when we blow out five!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! A turtle! :)

McCallisters said...

Fun Par-tay Lily! Cute cake!

Clay & Amy Hansen said...

Those are some loooonnnnnngggggg snakes!

Becca said...

happy birthday lil-ster...I thought of you, I love turtles!!! Or in Hawaii we call them honu, and they mean long-life!