Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nostalgic Photo of the Week:



I post this picture because I love it! (duh) I also wanted to document just how proud I am of Rebecca. (The adorable child is not Rebecca, however. It is Elliotte.) A couple of weeks after her classmate died, she was having a really hard time and didn't have her favorite stuffed animal. She really wanted it, and I remembered how Unicorn (I know, what a display of creativity in naming a stuffed horned horse UNICORN!) had helped me through some really tough times when I was a kid. (Not as tough as this, though.) I pulled him out, and she was so happy to hold him and was so excited to sleep with him. She felt what I felt from him so for so many years: comfort, loyalty, non-judmental, friendship. She carefully mended his hooves (My sloppy stiches from years ago have finally broken loose) with green duct tape, wiped the tears from her eyes, and trotted (galloped) off to bed.

She's doing so well, and I'm so proud of her! She brings so much comfort and joy to her classmates. Let's hear it for Unicorn! Let's hear it for Rebecca!

3 comments:

Becca said...

cute picture!!! I love the green hooves :) This looks mysteriously like Eliotte--LOL :)

Linsie said...

Ya, I guess that was kind of confusing. Oh, well. I'll go edit it right now...thanks for the revision tip! I love my sisters.

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful children. :)