Wednesday, March 11, 2009

If you ever get run over by a car...

...Don't slip on the ice!This has been a great week. And by great, I mean not-so-great. ALL five kids are home from school. (Spring Break in Alaska! Who are the geniouses that decided the kids should be home for an entire week during BREAK UP in Alaska? They can't even play outside! I know from personal experience it's very slickery out there.) I'm exhausted by this alone. Add that to the fact that one of my children is really not making solid choices for herself, and I'm done. Until I step outside to go run a few errands and fall on the ice. My knee flew up and hit the van full force. My skin rubbed off as I got a denim burn from the pants I was wearing. They were even clean, until all the break-up dust from the van smeared all over them. As that was happening, I fell back HARD on my backside. Plus, Lily was flailing about on the driveway, since I was holding her hand so she wouldn't slip. Nice. She's short and light though, so she had no lasting damage. I however, had to stand up and brush the snow from my hair and back (Come to think of it, that large fluffy pile of snow probably saved me from shoulder surgery!) and then headed straight into the house to down some pain killers (Innocent Tylenol. I had nothing harder, anyway! BOO!) and to call Dale and tell him swimming was OUT later. We were all disappointed. We did get the errands run, though. I figured that I was going to be very sore later, so we hustled.

The blessing is that I'm sore today, but not too bad, considering. A couple more Advil and I'll be back to where I was two days ago. That is to say, still sore, still tired, and still impatient to get better!

I'm such a whiner! I mean, winner!

2 comments:

Los Hansen said...

It hurts to get old....I "feel" for you having done that once or twice myself. I'm glad Lily survived though! Ah, to be a child.

xoxo
Mom

Princess Hairstyles said...

Wow, you've really had a great day! Now THAT is stupid to have spring break so early. I thought WE had it bad. When does it start getting warm there anyway? July??

Hope you get feeling better...