Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rebecca Jane, Age 9

Family party! Isn't this a great cake? She helped me design/decorate it. It was quite tasty. Have I mentioned that I love using modeling choclate over frosting or fondant? We used modeling chocolate for the antlers, eyes, nostrils, but chocolate frosting on the moose for that "furry" look.


Rebecca decided to have the antlers for the moose have five points on one side, and four on the other to represent 9 years old. We used her hand to mold it into the right shape. (yes, I need a haircut. No comment required.)

Rebecca has some balance issues, so we got her some stilts to practice with. Yes, I'm aware that it seems as if this would be setting her up for failure, but it turns out she is doing very well at them. She also got a long jump rope (Cinder-ELLA, dressed in YELLA...), pierced ears, (yikes! If you double click the top pic you can see them...but ignore the sloppy frosting work on the moose...there's a reason I like modeling chocolate!) and of course, I had to make her a duct-tape carrier for her build-a-bear. (she wanted to spend 8 bucks on one at the store, but I vetoed with the promise to make her one.)

Notice all the webkinz hanging out of the straps everywhere? She got FIVE of them for her birthday: One from me and four from friends at the party. Guess she told them all what she wanted for her b-day, huh?

Oh, and the green frisbee on the floor was Dale's gift. It is made from recycled milk jugs. I got it for him in hopes that we would be getting a dog soon, and it worked!

I guess we get what we ask for, eh Rebecca Jane?

1 comment:

Los Hansen said...

Nice earrings, Rebecca Jane! You are looking so grown up all of a sudden. I love your haircut and I especially love your rabbit....Good job building your bear and Happy Birthday!

Love,
Grandma