Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Rabbit Bread


Are there any zucchini or banana bread fans out there? I just made an amazing recipe that was supposed to be carrot cake, but turned out to be bread. It would have been cake, except there was a last-minute baking soda emergency requiring a trip to the store, and I did not have time to make cream-cheese frosting. (I started this anxiety driven project at 9:00 p.m., so it was getting pretty late by the time I got it in the oven!) I decided to have a piece anyway, because I wanted carrot cake, and I was going to eat it no matter what! Besides, I'm not a huge lover of cream-cheese based frostings and cakes. (Cheesecake, GAG!) The ONLY thing I will eat it on is carrot cake. Now I won't have to choke down the frosting anymore, because this recipe was dense, and delicious (Sort of like some people I know....eeee....) like my favorite zucchini bread. Plus, it didn't have pineapple or raisins in it, another huge plus. So here's the recipe I got off of Recipe Zaar. (I love this site because it lets you post your recipes and then it gives you the nutritional info per serving like a regular food label. Very handy for those of you who are counting calories, or in my house, CARBS!)

Anyway, it was delicious, and will definitely be included in the epic tale, My Sister the Rabbit.

Here's how to do it:

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 3 cups grated carrots(fully packed)
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

  • Directions

    1. Beat oil and sugar, then add eggs.
    2. Add and mix the rest of the cake ingredients in the order given Beat for 1 minute.
    3. Pour into 2 9-inch greased and floured cake pans. (or a loaf pan, or whatever)
    4. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.

    Next time I will make sure I have baking soda on hand and will add 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts. Yum, Yum, YUM!

    Bye the way, even Logan tried, liked, and took a slice to school. It's an Easter Miracle!

    No comments: