Thursday, August 21, 2008

One Woman Book Club


Okay, so after writing the last post, I went to R. Jane's school where they happen to have a parent-lending library. Some of the books are about Waldorf education, children, knitting, paper-crafting, some of which I thought I might check out later when I could practice more. (The hand-craft books, that is.) Then I saw it. One of my favorite books ever written. An amazing piece of literature that every soul on earth should read. It's right up there with "Summer of the Monkeys" and "Maniac McGee". Ever read it? If not, you should. If you have, comment on it and let me know what YOU think of it.

(btw, is this book based on actual events? I've always wondered, but I'm not from NYC, so I have no idea. Please help!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've put it on my "to read" list.

Here's a suggestion you may enjoy reading... Allyson Braithwaite (Condie)'s teen novels "Yearbook" and "First Day". "Reunion" is coming out this fall I believe. Oh, and you might like "Freshman for President," too, especially since it makes reference to Justin H.

Anyway... if you haven't already read them... try to find them. I enjoyed them a lot. And I'm really proud of Ally.

Linsie said...

I had no idea she had published. How cool. That is my major goal, only I'm too chicken to try. Good for her!

McCallisters said...

I vaguely remember The Pushcart War. Isn't it about carts vs. trucks and the cart pushers shoot the truck tires with pins? (Okay, okay, so I looked on Amazon to see if I had read it and that is what the excerpt said.)

Linsie said...

Jane, I'm shocked you don't remember! j/k. Pick it up at the library and reread it. You'll remember it, I bet. Nice research, btw.