Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sarah!


We celebrated Sarah's 9th birthday on Sunday. I can't believe she is nine years old! Wow! She requested cherry pie instead of cake, because although she will EAT cake, it's not really her favorite. Instead, she opted for pie, which has a lower carb count anyway. Smart girl! She helped me make the pie, and it was flaky and delicious. In fact, I just had a slice for breakfast. YUM! (She insisted on the lattice top. Turned out to be pretty easy, actually...)

She got tons of great gifts. Grandma sent her a "big pillow" (her words, not mine) that is basically a stuffed animal holder. She has been sleeping on it for the last 2 nights. I'd post a photo, but I haven't taken one yet! :) Bec sent her a really cute virtual pet that we can't wait to "adopt". Grandma and Grandpa sent her some cash in a card, which she can't wait to go spend. I asked her what she wanted to buy and she said, "I don't know. There has to be something at Wal-Mart I could spend my money on!" Great. I'm trying to encourage her to think ahead, but she wants to impulse buy, I guess. I'm guessing she'll end up with something from High School Musical. She has been using a new diabetes kit that says, "I love Troy" on it. She confided in me that she wishes she was Gabriella so she could be16 and be his girlfriend. She also thinks a boy named London in her class at school is "super cute", and his desk got moved next to hers! She's bummed he's not a member. I told her not to worry about it yet. She has 7 years before it will be an issue...I wish!

It was a happy birthday, and p.s., doesn't her hair look adorable? (Although I get in trouble for saying that too much. Sassy little thing...)

4 comments:

McCallisters said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! What a great idea to have pie for your birthday cake. Yum, yum. I love your new hair cut. It is very cute and stylish.

And Linsie, what is that wood-working thingy in your kitchen? Looks like fun.

Dad said...

What a beautiful smile!
Dad

Becca said...

awesome...we hope you like your webkins. Your cousins are very excited to communicate with you in Webkins world. Let us know when you get your pink poodle adopted.

Linsie said...

We'll probably adopt her poodle this weekend, as she has homework to finish up tonight. We will let you know...

And Jane, that dealie in my kitchen is our next-to-newest toy, a drill press. You would see some of the things we like to do with it if only the USPS would have delivered your Christmas package. Oh, well. Guess you'll just have to use your imagination...