Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm NOT Lily! I'm Cinderella!


This was one of the highlights of Lily's Christmas. Recently, though, she's been a reindeer. I didn't include a picture, because did you know that reindeer don't wear ANY clothes, and don't use the bathroom ever? This became painfully clear yesterday when she was doing the biggest potty dance I've ever seen (legs crossed, hips pivoting up and down like some sort of speed walker) , shrieking, "Reindeers don't go potty! Reindeers don't go potty!" I tried every manipulation I could, starting with, "Reindeer go in stalls, let's go to the stall!" and ending with, "If you don't go in the bathroom you'll have to go outside with the dog!" In the end I had to carry her down and plop her on the toilet. She was shrieking all the way, insisting that she didn't need to go. The instant her bottom hit her potty chair, the proof was in the pudding, or the pot, as the case may be! But hey, I never sleep, so there you go. (I'd rather she not sleep. Between her and Olive we need some serious carpet cleaning...in about 3 months when they are BOTH housetrained.) :)

1 comment:

Becca said...

are you sure she isn't baby Carrie?